Gluten-Free Vegan One Pot Pasta
Serves approximately 4-6
- 12 ounces gluten-free rice pasta*
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- handful of basil, chopped (plus more leaves for garnish)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Place the first 8 ingredients and the chopped basil into a large pan/pot*. Bring to a boil and simmer until the pasta is done (this will vary depending on the type of pasta being used). Make sure to give it the occasional stir, to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- While the pasta is boiling, toast the pine nuts in a pan over medium heat. Be careful because pine nuts burn easily, as soon as they begin to turn golden brown remove from the heat and transfer into a container to cool.
- To serve, top the pasta with the remaining basil and the toasted pine nuts.
- I recommend using Tinkyada gluten-free rice pasta, as it holds up the best after cooking.
- I love using a Le Creuset for this dish.